BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Top_Rankin
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey Everyone,

For whatever reason I'm having an issue with putting my data into the %Squeeze macro (http://support.sas.com/kb/24/addl/fusion24805_1_squeeze2.html)<--actual code and (http://support.sas.com/kb/24/805.html)<--explanation of the code. I'm a huge novice when it comes to using these so please bear with me.

Wherever it says "DSNIN", it says put input sas dataset here. I do that and i replace DSNIN with my own "brickscon" and then change the DSNOUT to "brickscon2" and when I hit run, absolutely nothing happens and my log just shows the whole log as black. I feel like this is an incredibly basic task yet I don't know why I'm of having a hard time. Please help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Top_Rankin
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your response. I actually ended up figuring it out after messing around with it. For those of you who are interested (it may have been obvious the whole time), here's what I did. To use the %squeeze macro code,  you first run as is (copy and paste the code as given by sas WITHOUT any modification). So don't insert your data input or anything and let it run. Should be all black in the logs. Then afterwards use this code 

libname sample
'C:\Program Files\SAS Institute\SAS\V8\dmine\sample' ;
proc contents data=sample.dmdcens ; run ;
%SQUEEZE( sample.dmdcens, squozen )
proc contents data=squozen ; run ;

Here is where you would insert your own data. The purpose of this code is to reduce number and character bytes to reduce the memory file of your data. Great for big data sets. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Top_Rankin
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your response. I actually ended up figuring it out after messing around with it. For those of you who are interested (it may have been obvious the whole time), here's what I did. To use the %squeeze macro code,  you first run as is (copy and paste the code as given by sas WITHOUT any modification). So don't insert your data input or anything and let it run. Should be all black in the logs. Then afterwards use this code 

libname sample
'C:\Program Files\SAS Institute\SAS\V8\dmine\sample' ;
proc contents data=sample.dmdcens ; run ;
%SQUEEZE( sample.dmdcens, squozen )
proc contents data=squozen ; run ;

Here is where you would insert your own data. The purpose of this code is to reduce number and character bytes to reduce the memory file of your data. Great for big data sets. Thanks!

Reeza
Super User
You can't possibly be on SAS 8 still.....
Top_Rankin
Fluorite | Level 6

Smiley LOL no I'm not using SAS 8, that was code SAS had provided in one of their manuals. It's from a long time ago. I just had an issue with running the macro I wanted to use but I solved it. That would be insane if I was still using SAS 8 lol

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation