BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mpirritano
Calcite | Level 5

I've been adding data to what I thought were temporary cas  tables. But after several sessions I'm getting the below error that i'm out of memory

Cloud Analytic Services failed writing to system disk space. Please contact your administrator. No space left on device

I've submitted a request to our administrator to clear it out. But is there a way for myself as an end user to clear it out?

thanks

matt

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If you created or loaded the table then I would expect that you also have the permissions to drop or truncate the table.

For tables and data that you only need within a session I would also only create the table with session scope and not promote it. That will drop the table the moment your session gets terminated.

The error message you shared is about CAS_DISK_CACHE which for example gets used when CAS needs to move data from one node to another. 

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.2/caspg/n09dk3dbd4xlccn18dl6i9be29hs.htm 

This disk space is shared by all CAS processes and though it's not necessarily what you have been doing that caused the issue.

With Viya things improve quickly. Please always share the release you're working with.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation