BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
braam
Quartz | Level 8

Jupter Notebook shows outcome or log (if there is no output):

SAS is different from many other programming languages in that it has two useful information streams, the log (which details the technical details of what happened and how long it took) and the lst (which includes the tables and graphics from the analysis). The SAS kernel attempts to show you what we think you want. Here are the rules:

LOG LST DISPLAYED NOTES
Yes No LOG This happens when you run DATA step or a PROC with the noprint option.
Yes Yes LST
Yes (with ERROR message(s)) Yes ERROR messages with context from the log, then the listing output.
Yes (with ERROR message(s)) No LOG

Source: https://sassoftware.github.io/sas_kernel/overview.html

I'm wondering if I can stop seeing LOG even when there is no output. For example, I don't need to keep the log output in the below code. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Jupyter SAS.JPG

1 REPLY 1
braam
Quartz | Level 8
Relatedly, I also would like to know how I do not report my code in the displayed log in Jupyter Notebook.

Then I can keep the information coming from NOTE, which may be useful while dropping my code in the displayed log.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation