BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
timothy19
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Community,

I am trying to calculate model fit for a full and reduced model with the code below using the loglikelihood ratio generated from Proc glimx.

%let numParmsFull = 4;
%let numParmsReduced = 3;
%let LLfull = 4206.91
%let LLreduced = 4088.56
data _null_; set FitStatistics; if Model='Full' then call symput('LLfull',value); if Model='Reduced' then call symput('LLreduced',value); run;
data _null_; df=&numParmsFull-&numParmsReduced; /* numParmsFull and numParmsReduced should be the number of parameters in the full and reduced models respectively */ testStat = &LLfull - &LLreduced; pvalue = 1 - probchisq(testStat,df); run;

When i run the code i get this  ERROR  The function PROBCHISQ is unknown, or cannot be accessed.

Also, can you also help to determine model fit for two model using other method?

Can anyone help with how i can get the p-value.

Thanks,

Timothy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The function that computes the probability from a chi-square distribution is called PROBCHI, so use

pvalue = 1 - probchi(testStat,df);

In general, I avoid the PROB* functions and use the CDF function instead. So I would use 

pvalue = 1 - cdf("chisq", testStat, df);

or you could use the SDF (survival) function, which has the computation "1 minus CDF" built in:

pvalue = sdf("chisq", testStat, df);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The function that computes the probability from a chi-square distribution is called PROBCHI, so use

pvalue = 1 - probchi(testStat,df);

In general, I avoid the PROB* functions and use the CDF function instead. So I would use 

pvalue = 1 - cdf("chisq", testStat, df);

or you could use the SDF (survival) function, which has the computation "1 minus CDF" built in:

pvalue = sdf("chisq", testStat, df);

timothy19
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation