BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Li2024
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

I got the error below when I tried to use

proc sql;

inert into 

command to insert table into oracle server.

I know the my format is not align with defined tables. However I have 300 columns and I don't know which one caused the problem.

Is there anyway can let me target the defect columns.

Thank you

ERROR: CLI execute error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed
for this column
ERROR: ROLLBACK issued due to errors for data set LIB.MY_TABLE.DATA.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

How many of your columns are numeric? I suspect this is a problem where you are trying to insert a decimal number into an integer column or something similar. I suggest you extract the non-decimal numeric columns from the Oracle schema then compare these with the SAS numerics you are trying to insert.

Li2024
Calcite | Level 5

I have at least 250 numerical columns. 

I  defined format, informat and length.Do you know which one caused this error?

Do you mean this error is caused by length of decimal only?

Thank you

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can check up on the default Oracle data type translations here: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/acreldb/p06jk0u30uhuj5n18fqw9sxr25lk.htm

How are you connecting to Oracle - using a LIBNAME statement or by some other method?

I'm afraid you will probably need to run some tests to identify which columns are causing the errors. You could try inserting a subset of the columns to isolate the problematic ones.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation