Quartz | Level 8

Here is the code:

proc import
datatable = 'FIELDRULES'
out = work.FIELDRULES
DBMS = ACCESS REPLACE;
database = "J:\path\accessfilename.accdb";
run;

Here is the error.  I have seen this one so many times over the years and it is always a giant pain in the rump.

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
ERROR: Connection Failed. See log for details.

I'm using 64-bit SAS as well as 64-bit Microsoft Office.  I think I have PC Files too.  Any help is appreciated.  This stuff drives me crazy.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

To start check you have SAS/ACCESS to PC FILES licensed and installed:

proc setinit;
run;

proc product_status;
run;
n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8

Among the many other things that are generated in the log window when I run that code, I see this, which I'm assuming means I have it.

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files 31DEC2020 (CPU A)

ballardw
Super User

@n6 wrote:

Among the many other things that are generated in the log window when I run that code, I see this, which I'm assuming means I have it.

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files 31DEC2020 (CPU A)

If that was not in both the Setinit and Product_status output then that would mean it is licensed but not installed.

n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8

Oh, okay.  What I pasted in the last post is what comes up when I do proc setinit.  And the following comes up when I do proc product_status.  So I think I have it, since it's in there for both.

For SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M6

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are using 64-bit SAS then the error you are getting suggests that the Access database you are reading is 32-bit. To get around this either download and install the SAS PC Files Server, or download the 32-bit Microsoft Jet engine. Both are free so the choice is yours. Another possible option would be to save the Access database as 64-bit which your 64-bit Office should be able to do.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation