BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LaurieF
Barite | Level 11

I don't get it. I have jobs running in batch in development and test which do what I expect. On rare occasions, the job will detect an error and throw the information about the problem to the same name as the job's log file, with the suffix changed from  .log to .lst. For example  DM_Daily_Batch7_table_name_P2H1_2020.01.20_03.05.50.log will be paired with DM_Daily_Batch7_table_name_P2H1_2020.01.20_03.05.50.lst. It's not flash, but it works well and everyone is happy with it.

But when we run it in production, the log name, from the option log , is consistently the above truncated immediately before the timestamp: DM_Daily_Batch7_table_name_P2H1_It doesn't matter how long the name of the log file is - it's always at this point.

What sort of weird environmental setting would cause this? and how do we go about changing it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
r_behata
Barite | Level 11

Is there a shell script that executes your sas code in the batch mode ? 

Typically the sas programs as called in this fashion within the Shell Scripts.

sas  ${SOURCE_DIR}/${SASPGM}.sas -log ${LOG_DIR}/${LOG_FILE} -print ${LOG_DIR}/${LST_FILE}

The parameters in this script  are : ${SASPGM}  ${LOG_DIR}  ${LOG_FILE}  ${LST_FILE}

Perhaps there is a timestamp parameter which is not resolving as expected in your environment,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
r_behata
Barite | Level 11

Is there a shell script that executes your sas code in the batch mode ? 

Typically the sas programs as called in this fashion within the Shell Scripts.

sas  ${SOURCE_DIR}/${SASPGM}.sas -log ${LOG_DIR}/${LOG_FILE} -print ${LOG_DIR}/${LST_FILE}

The parameters in this script  are : ${SASPGM}  ${LOG_DIR}  ${LOG_FILE}  ${LST_FILE}

Perhaps there is a timestamp parameter which is not resolving as expected in your environment,

LaurieF
Barite | Level 11

Ah - that's not the actual answer, but it's the hint I needed. The job being deployed in production (this is from DI) would appear to be using a different set of parameters to generate the sasbatch.sh call.

Thank you,

Laurie

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation