BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alex91
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello there.

I have a task to backup some datasets like .sas7bdat into some local directory.

Now its needed to backup datasets to another server (test environment) from prod server. How i can mount local path from test server?

Here is the macro variables with current path as /sas_work/backup/  :

%global OUTPUT_LIBNAME STATUS_TABLE OUTPUT_PATH;

%let OUTPUT_LIBNAME=output;
%let STATUS_TABLE=output.status_table;
%let OUTPUT_PATH=/sas_work/backup/;

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Mounting a resource on a server (at least a UNIX server) requires superuser permissions, so have your server admin do it.

Or use a simpler tool (sftp) to copy the files. That only needs a user that can write to the target directory.

Alex91
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, KurtBremser!

Does that mean i backup my tables in current server and then using sftp access copy them to an another server, right?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

You don't need a separate copy on the source side. SFTP Put/Get will copy files and leave the source unchanged. 

If you've got SAS/Connect installed then using proc download/upload would be another option.

But: In many organisations Prod is separated from Test and Dev so may be there are some barriers which you can't that easily overcome.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Alex91 wrote:

Thanks, KurtBremser!

Does that mean i backup my tables in current server and then using sftp access copy them to an another server, right?

No, you just copy the .sas7bdat files to the other server, from the current location.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation