BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
prislo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Everyone!!

I'm trying to assign a network driver (I: ) as a libname sas.

So I mapped a new network driver on server SAS with user and pass required but different user and pass from my user sas.

My Code: 

libname out '\\f-imouthes\shared\CLIENTES\CLIENTES\CRM_II\';

i'm receiving the follow error message: 

ERROR: User does not have appropriate authorization level for library OUT.

My doubt is: This error happens cause my user sas is different from user of network driver or something else?

how to correct way to put authentication data in libname statement, cause when i try i received an error:

ERROR 22-7: Invalid option name USER.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

1. You probably mean network drive, not driver. 

2. As far as I know, the only way to authenticate when using a UNC share (what you call network drive) is by using the net use command. Please try that to ascertain your UNC credentials. 

You can see the credentials used by the SAS session by running the statement  %put &=sysuserid;

prislo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi 

that way it was possible to use the folders I wanted!

The problem to do this is that when i schedule my sas code, the default server doesn't is the Local Sas Server.

Do you know any way to choose the server during execution of my code?

Thanks!!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation