BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FriendJen
Fluorite | Level 6

So I'm using this code to put my SAS window where I want it in the size I want

options awsdef= 0 7 100 93;

My question is, is there a similar command/code I can use to do any of the following:

-close the output window

-change the size of the docked file explorer

-tile my windows vertically (like when you go to Window > Tile Vertically )

Thank you for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

The commands that address appearance in the Display Manager start with dm.

I think you may want

For window specific commands the first parameter would be the name of the window. Additional commands are separated by ;

dm 'output; winclose';

will close the output window.

dm 'output';

will open the output window.

Tiling

dm 'tile';

or

dm 'resize';

to undo the tile. I don't find an option for the difference between vertical and horizontal though.

Reference the DM statement in the online help.

The dmsexp command makes the explorer active but I don't find any syntax to size it.

dm 'dmsexp';

have fun experimenting, maybe you'll find something. I have found some things in SCL commands that work with some windows.

If you want the setting of windows location to be a specific location manually resize all the windows. Then go to each of the open windows and issue a WSAVE command. You would likely want to change the preference setting at Tools>options>preferences>general and uncheck "Save settings on exit" as that seems to save the appearance at shutdown.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Which operating system and SAS version are you using. I might guess that you are using the Display Manager but if you are using SAS Studio or Enterprise Guide then things start differing quickly.

FriendJen
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm using SAS 9.4 on Windows.

ballardw
Super User

The commands that address appearance in the Display Manager start with dm.

I think you may want

For window specific commands the first parameter would be the name of the window. Additional commands are separated by ;

dm 'output; winclose';

will close the output window.

dm 'output';

will open the output window.

Tiling

dm 'tile';

or

dm 'resize';

to undo the tile. I don't find an option for the difference between vertical and horizontal though.

Reference the DM statement in the online help.

The dmsexp command makes the explorer active but I don't find any syntax to size it.

dm 'dmsexp';

have fun experimenting, maybe you'll find something. I have found some things in SCL commands that work with some windows.

If you want the setting of windows location to be a specific location manually resize all the windows. Then go to each of the open windows and issue a WSAVE command. You would likely want to change the preference setting at Tools>options>preferences>general and uncheck "Save settings on exit" as that seems to save the appearance at shutdown.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@Kurt_Bremser wrote:

Documentation found here: DM Statement 

When it comes to SAS commands, the built-in help files (of SAS 9.4M5 under Windows in my case) are more comprehensive than the online documentation: Under "SAS Command Reference" they list 149 commands, whereas the OS-specific list "SAS Commands under Windows," which the online documentation of the DM statement refers to, comprises only 78 entries. The TILES command mentioned by ballardw is one example contained in the former 149, but not in the latter 78.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation