BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tianerhu
Pyrite | Level 9
data recovery;
infile 'C:\Users\liaodong\Documents\My SAS Files\9.4\bio\project\recovery.txt' dlm='09'x firstobs=2;
input ID treatment age duration score1 score2 score3 score4;
run;
title 1 row;
proc print data = recovery ;
run;

/*the following picture is my data set, the 38-41 rows disappear after running the code above?
why?

D.png

7 REPLIES 7
tianerhu
Pyrite | Level 9

the result is the following:

E.png

tianerhu
Pyrite | Level 9

the result is the following: (row 38-41 disappear, why?)

E.png

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What does the SAS log say?

Why do you post photographs of text?  Isn't it harder to to create and post the photos than it would be to just copy the actual text and paste it?

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Not sure of the reason why they are missing, however you may try the option TRUNCOVER and run the code

data recovery;
infile 'C:\Users\liaodong\Documents\My SAS Files\9.4\bio\project\recovery.txt' dlm='09'x firstobs=2 TRUNCOVER;
input ID treatment age duration score1 score2 score3 score4;
run;
title 1 row;
proc print data = recovery ;
run;
Thanks,
Jag
tianerhu
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you .
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Attach the file to your next post, and post the log from the step using the </> button.

For the future: do NOT post data in pictures. Copy/paste text data into a window opened with the </> button; post SAS datasets as data steps with datalines. Use the "little running man" for code.

tianerhu
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you for your reply.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation