BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lmyers2
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I'm using sas 9.4 and am trying to make a Kaplan Meier curve.  Below is my code. The error message that I get is that the variable Group is not found. However, I have the variable Group in output from a proc freq step just before running proc lifetest. It is a numeric variable 0, 1, 2 with a few missing. Why doesn't the strata step recognize my variable Group?  Does the strata variable need to be character variable or some other specification to be recognized?

ods graphics on;
proc lifetest data=data plots=survival (cb=hw atrisk(outside(0.15)));
   time survt * status(0);
   strata Group / order=internal test=logrank; 
run;
ods graphics off;

Best

Laura

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Did you merge the results of your PROC FREQ statement into the DATA data set?  To make sure the data set has the GROUP variable, run

proc contents data=data short varnum;
run;

and post the results.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Did you merge the results of your PROC FREQ statement into the DATA data set?  To make sure the data set has the GROUP variable, run

proc contents data=data short varnum;
run;

and post the results.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation