BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi guys,

So sorry as this is probably really simple but I've searched and read papers and still cant quite get this. Basically, I've got several groups and subgroups each with an ep_amt and a loss_amt. What I want to do is divide loss_amt by ep_amt for each group. I know its pctsum that I need but I can't get it just right. Here's my code:

data test_data;
input layer $10.
asset_range $10.
reinsurer_group $10.
ep_amt 10.2
loss_amt 10.2
;
cards;
layer1 range1 reins1 1000.21 100.50
layer1 range1 reins2 300.00 200.75
layer1 range2 reins1 3000.00 201.25
layer2 range1 reins1 3001.32 222.23
;

run;
proc tabulate data=test_data f=10.2;
var ep_amt loss_amt;
class layer asset_range reinsurer_group;
table layer * asset_range,
reinsurer_group * (ep_amt loss_amt) * sum;
run;

That gets me almost there. What I now need is to insert a column under each re-insurer that is the loss_amt / ep_amt. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
TABULATE supports the use of custom denominator definitions through the use of the < and > operators, as shown in the code below. Since SUM will be the default statistic for EP_AMT and LOSS_AMT, you do not need SUM in the TABLE statement for those 2 variables and it simplifies the TABLE statement. PCTSUM allows you to specify EP_AMT as the denominator.
[pre]
proc tabulate data=test_data f=10.2;
var ep_amt loss_amt;
class layer asset_range reinsurer_group;
table layer * asset_range,
reinsurer_group * (ep_amt loss_amt loss_amt*pctsum<ep_amt>)
/ box='Custom Denom';
run;
[/pre]

cynthia
FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6
You are amazing as usual! Thanks for your help (again) 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation