BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Geoghegan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have a dataset with a variable I made called CVD which has 0 or 1 as options only in SAS9.4. This is technically my outcome of my analysis but as a way to display the data I would like to make two boxplots of the exposure values (il6) by CVD value. So I would like one boxplot to be the il6 values for CVD=0 and one for CVD=1. I thought to do this I would just create a copy of my dataset, sort it by CVD, and then use the boxplot function, below: 

data stats.adjusted4;
set stats.adjusted3;
run;
proc sort stats.adjusted4;
by descending CVD;
run;
proc boxplot data=stats.adjusted4;
plot log_il6*CVD/ cboxes=black;
run;

However, when I ran the proc sort it gave me this error message and I can't figure out what it wants me to do:

291  proc sort stats.adjusted4;
               ---------------
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;, ASCII, BUFFNO, DANISH, DATA,
              DATECOPY, DETAILS, DIAG, DUPOUT, EBCDIC, EQUALS, FINNISH, FORCE, IN, ISA, L,
              LEAVE, LIST, MESSAGE, MSG, NATIONAL, NODUP, NODUPKEY, NODUPKEYS, NODUPLICATE,
              NODUPLICATES, NODUPREC, NODUPRECS, NODUPS, NOEQUALS, NORWEGIAN, NOTHREADS,
              NOUNIKEY, NOUNIKEYS, NOUNIQUEKEY, NOUNIQUEKEYS, NOUNIQUEREC, NOUNIQUERECS,
              NOUNIREC, NOUNIRECS, OSA, OUT, OVERWRITE, PAGESIZE, PRESORTED, PSIZE, REVERSE,
              SIZE, SORTSEQ, SORTSIZE, SORTWKNO, SWEDISH, T, TAGSORT, TECH, TECHNIQUE, TESTHSI,
              THREADS, UNIOUT, UNIQUEOUT, WKNO, WORKNO.
ERROR 201-322: The option is not recognized and will be ignored.
292  by descending CVD;
293  run;
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE SORT used (Total process time):
      real time           0.00 seconds
      cpu time            0.00 seconds

I've used proc sort before for things like sex and assumed I could with this too. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

please update the code to below, to use 'data='

proc sort data=stats.adjusted4;
by descending CVD;
run;
Thanks,
Jag

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

please update the code to below, to use 'data='

proc sort data=stats.adjusted4;
by descending CVD;
run;
Thanks,
Jag

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation