BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bemariec
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

I am trying to make a table printed listing few variables (numeric and character). I know how to use one of the variable in the "by" statement so I have 5 different tables (example: in the variable 1, I have 5 different values, so I seperate my 5 tables by grouping them in these 5 values).

My question is: in each of the 5 tables, I want an other variable (TEST)  to be the group indicator in the first column. I dont want any math to be done with the values, I only want to make a list (Proc tabulate makes a sum and I don't want that!). Se the picture.

Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Its a good idea to post test data in the form of a datastep, and show in the post what you want to the output to look like.  It looks to me like a simple group statement in proc report:

proc report data=have nowd;
  by test_var;
  columns test_var a b;
  define test_var / group " ";
  define a...
run;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Its a good idea to post test data in the form of a datastep, and show in the post what you want to the output to look like.  It looks to me like a simple group statement in proc report:

proc report data=have nowd;
  by test_var;
  columns test_var a b;
  define test_var / group " ";
  define a...
run;
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

According to your docx picture, try to use PROC REPORT.

It will be usefull if you provide some test data.

SAS Innovate 2025: Save the Date

SAS Innovate 2025 is scheduled for May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. Sign up to be first to learn about the agenda and registration!

Save the date!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

SAS Training: Just a Click Away

Ready to level-up your skills? Choose your own adventure.

Browse our catalog!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation