6 MIXED=NO;
7 SCANTEXT=YES;
8 USEDATE=YES;
9 SCANTIME=YES;
10 RUN;

ERROR: Connect: 
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
Connection Failed. See log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

The log details don't really explain why this failure occurs. The same result occurs when I use the import wizard. Any help with making my copy of SAS (ver. 9.1.3) import excel spreadsheets would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Elizabeth,

The problem is with the line SHEET="torres$";
It should be SHEET="torres";

Sincerely,
SPR
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello, SPR.

Unfortunately, making that change does not change the outcome. I've tried using the import wizard, too, but the failure persists. Deinstalling/reinstalling SAS does not get rid of the problem, either, and neither does the local sysadmin putting me in the unrestricted usergroup that she is in. And yet(!) if I perform the exact same import on *her* machine it does work. I"ve done everything I can think of to get rid of this problem when I try to import on my machine and nothing seems to work.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
One presumption here is that you are able to open the "input" file outside of SAS, especially considering the file resides on a "Q" network drive allocation. Also, suggest you share the info about your LIBNAME statement, as revealed in your SAS log output.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Can open file in question outside of SAS with no problems. Despite what the error message in the log implies, no LIBNAME statement exists in the script. Error message is identical whether I use the script or the import wizard.

At this point I plan to file a service ticket.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This may be a relevant Tech Support note:
http://support.sas.com/kb/35/064.html

about accessing files on a network drive (I'm assuming that the Q drive is a network drive).

You might want to work with your SAS Administrator or Tech Support on this issue.You can open a track with Tech Support by filling out and submitting the form at this site:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation