BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shru
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I need to import the excel with three woroksheets and and in the inported worksheet i need to make one cell as dynamic so when i run the code daily automatically the cell for that day should be filled with data. and aslo,

I tried importing with proc import ,but i get a error telling file_imex_error.

so anyone help me in this please?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Do you wish to read cell values dynamically updated by Excel or to dynamically update Excel cells with SAS?

PG
shru
Calcite | Level 5

I need to upadate excel cells by sas

art297
Opal | Level 21

It would help if you had posted your log, but the error may simply be that you didn't specify the file and/or sheet names correctly.  As for your other questions, like PGStats mentioned, the forum would need to know more about what you are trying to accomplish.

shru
Calcite | Level 5

o, its like the excel format is different i guess,so when i try to import the excel with correct sheet name,its showing error as FILE_IMEX error.

I tried importing it using import wizard but still the same error exists,

I tried giving the rangein the proc import like

sheet="sheet1A1:A10$"n but its not working

It would be helpfull,if you guide me with some other way of giving sheet name.

Thanks

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Try this syntax:

libname xl excel "c:\yourpath\.yourFile.xlsx" getnames=no;

proc print data=xl."Sheet1$A1:A2"n; run;

libname xl clear;

PG

PG
shru
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am able to import the excel sheet successfully.

But i need to read an one row number for example:-23 and assign it to one macro,so that when i run everyday it should update for the current day.

How can i achieve this?

Thanks

art297
Opal | Level 21

Back to the original questions: what do you have to read in (i.e., what field(s)/column(s)) and what do you have to update (i.e., a sas file or the spreadsheet)?

shru
Calcite | Level 5

I imported the excel file to sas and now i have a sas dataset.

example:

data      today tom  dayafter

d            1       2      3

e            4      7       9

Now i need to read the row 'd' and assign it to one macro so that when i run today it will upadate the row.

This updation i need to do in excel..

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation