BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KatieMessi
Calcite | Level 5

I can't get SAS to read in my text file on my mac, I've tried everything? Could someone please help, this is what I have.....

Data golf;
infile '/Users/katiemessi/Documents/golf.text';
input Distance_yards 18-22
Golfer_ID 28-29
Brand $ 39;
run;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

If you're using SAS University Edition, which is local, though it appears in your browser then my previous suggestion applies. 

If you're using SAS Academics on Demand, then no, this does not apply. In that case SAS cannot access files on your computer, because it's in the cloud. So you need to upload your data first. Go to files/folders/servers pane on the right hand side, there will be a picture of a cabinet or up arrow that can you use to upload your files. Then you can right click the file, select properties and see the file path you need to use. 

Both assume you're using SAS Studio. If you're using EG its a different process again. 

@KatieMessi wrote:
I’m using the online SAS Does this still apply

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

You need to use the myfolders you created at set up. Place your files in that folder and then you can reference them using:

/folders/myfolders/golf.txt

If you check out the Learning SAS subforum here, it has a lot of the starting up questions you likely have.

Edit: Another good resource is video.sas.com for learning tutorials.

@KatieMessi wrote:

I can't get SAS to read in my text file on my mac, I've tried everything? Could someone please help, this is what I have.....

Data golf;
infile '/Users/katiemessi/Documents/golf.text';
input Distance_yards 18-22
Golfer_ID 28-29
Brand $ 39;
run;

KatieMessi
Calcite | Level 5
Reeza
Super User

If you're using SAS University Edition, which is local, though it appears in your browser then my previous suggestion applies. 

If you're using SAS Academics on Demand, then no, this does not apply. In that case SAS cannot access files on your computer, because it's in the cloud. So you need to upload your data first. Go to files/folders/servers pane on the right hand side, there will be a picture of a cabinet or up arrow that can you use to upload your files. Then you can right click the file, select properties and see the file path you need to use. 

Both assume you're using SAS Studio. If you're using EG its a different process again. 

@KatieMessi wrote:

KatieMessi
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you so much for your help

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation