BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone;

whrer I can find the whole list of command help for SAS-Excel DDE ?  such as what 's the meaning of  "put '[error(false)]';?"

I didn't find a detail introduction of all  these commands.

Thanks

Mike

filename cmds dde 'excel|system';

data _null_;

file cmds;

/* Insert an graph */

put '[workbook.insert(2)]';

run;

data _null_;

file cmds;

/* Insert an Excel Macro Sheet */

put '[workbook.insert(3)]';

run;

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

DDE is basically using really old excel commands that are documented here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/128185

They're excel 4.0 macro functions and NOT SAS functions.

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you,I download the macrofun file and found the help for my question:

ERROR(enable_logical, macro_ref)
Enable_logical    is a logical value or number that selects or clears error-checking.

If enable_logical is FALSE or 0, all error-checking is cleared. If error-checking is cleared and an error is encountered while a macro is running, Microsoft Excel ignores it and continues. Error-checking is selected again by an ERROR(TRUE) statement, or when the macro stops running.

WORKBOOK.INSERT(type_num)
WORKBOOK.INSERT?(type_num)
Type_num    specifies the type of sheet to insert.

Type_num Type of sheet

1 Worksheet
2 Chart
3 Excel 4 Macro Sheet
4 Excel 4 International Macro Sheet
5 (Reserved)
6 Microsoft Excel Visual Basic Module
7 Dialog
quoted text Template

If omitted, the type of the active sheet is used.
If the current selection contains one sheet, then only one sheet is inserted. If the selection contains more than one sheet and the active sheet is a worksheet, then an equal number of sheets is inserted to the left of the selected group of sheets.

Also ,I get another question:

Could we use our user defined excel macro in the put [] command? that would be very interesting. I will try this later.

Thanks

Mike

art297
Opal | Level 21

The macrofun helpfile, that Fareeza pointed you to, is the official documentation.  You can find a lot of SAS-related insights, though, if you read Koen Vyverman's papers.  You can find them at: Koen Vyverman: SAS Related Papers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation