BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yuanliu
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to use AF command in SCL, so I wrap the AF command in a submit block:

submit continue;
af c=Sasuser.I_qual_ibd.main.scl
endsubmit;

But I got the following error, anyone can help to tell me what is wrong?

ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.
NOTE: SCL source line.
5322 af c=Sasuser.I_qual_ibd.main.scl
--

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK, then you will need to preface the AF command with the DM statement:

DM 'AF C=.......';

The DM statement allows you to execute Display Manager commands in a SAS program aka SUBMIT block.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Use the DISPLAY function to run an SCL entry from SCL, not by trying to submit an AF command inside a SUBMIT block.

yuanliu
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes appreciate your answer, but here I have to use AF command because I'm trying to invoke the scl with debug option on and pass in parameters at the same time, so I have to use the AF command, so I tried to use it inside a submit block

SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK, then you will need to preface the AF command with the DM statement:

DM 'AF C=.......';

The DM statement allows you to execute Display Manager commands in a SAS program aka SUBMIT block.

yuanliu
Fluorite | Level 6

Fantastic! It works! I spent quite a while and didn't figure it out. Thanks!

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You might also want to use the AFA command instead of the AF command if you want the new application to run independently.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation