BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
maf9
Calcite | Level 5

I'm new to sas so this is probably dumb question.  I have two tables, one is just a template that has every possibility.  The second is a subset of that template with the data filled in.  I want to merge the two so I keep all the rows but fill in the data where available.  Any ideas.

Table 1:

KeyC.1C.2C.3
A   
B   
C   
D   

Table 2:

KeyC.1C.2C.3
B135
D246

Output:

KeyC.1C.2C.3
A   
B135
C   
D246
1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

If your table 1 does not have duplicates of the Key variable and both table 1 and table 2 are sorted by the key then:

data newtable;
   update table1
          table2
   ;
   by key;
run;

Note that table2 can have multiple records with the same key variable(s) and all of the values will be used to update the single record in table1 with that Key. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation