BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rileyd
Quartz | Level 8

I experimented with the SQLUNDOPOLICY setting and with it set to NONE the CPU time did drop by 30 seconds but this setting generates warning messages for every Insert, Update, and Delete statement. That doesn't work for me and doesn't follow our programming guidelines of No Warning messages in the log. Plus, 30 seconds is still a full minute slower than the original Data step.

I then tried it set to Optional. This in a 9-10 second improvement so while faster it's not anywhere near the CPU speed of the Data step or a similar Proc Append (if that was an option in this situation).

I did crack open the Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies book as Cynthia suggested but haven't had a chance to go through the testing it suggests. Once I do I'll post what I find out.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 8 in conversation