BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
serveoverice
Calcite | Level 5

I have a dataset (1.2 million records) and I am wanting to assign a score of 1 to 10 to each record depending on the position in a list. I'm sure this is quite simple to do but I am new to SAS and I can't find anything on the forums. I'm guessing I need to rank the dataset first but then I'm not sure where to go from there. Any help would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Seems like you are trying to calculate lift based on a model. Try the following code that will split data into 10 groups based on descending values of Response_score variable. 

proc rank data=have groups=10 descending out=ranked;
var Response_score;
ranks decile;
run;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Some sample input and desired output helps you describe your issue.

Especially describe the concept of a position in a list.

Data never sleeps
serveoverice
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Linus. The file is a response file. Each line has a propensity score and I am trying to see the response rate by decile. For example:

Person_Key | Response Score | Responded

1 | 900 | 1

2 | 600 | 0

3 | 750 | 0...

I want to split the volume into 10 equal segments so I can see if I can refine the model to go deeper into marginal segments.

Does that help?

stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Seems like you are trying to calculate lift based on a model. Try the following code that will split data into 10 groups based on descending values of Response_score variable. 

proc rank data=have groups=10 descending out=ranked;
var Response_score;
ranks decile;
run;

serveoverice
Calcite | Level 5

That's correct. Thank you very much stat_sas.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation