BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

I want to create a model like so  :  dependent var = independent var1 + indep var2 +...indep var_n

My dependent var is dichotomous. (Not met = 0, met = 1)

My independent vars are categorical.  I will have sex (M,F), meal_status (F,R),  Race (W, B, I, H, P, O)  eng_prof (1-9) and school_ID.

I want SAS to examine how much explanation each indep var contributes toward the model.  (I have some experience using logistic regression.  I'm just not sure in this case.)

I also recall a test that SAS will do that introduces one indep variable at  a time to determine if it should be included in the model but I don't remember the particulars.

Any advice/comments would be a great help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Use selection with LOGISTIC or create the design matrix that you want to see for the different effects in CATMOD (reference the documentation or ask if more help is needed).

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63347/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_catmod_sect0...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

The documentation has pretty good examples and details.

I'd consider looking into proc CATMOD and LOGISTIC.

ballardw
Super User

I also recall a test that SAS will do that introduces one indep variable at  a time to determine if it should be included in the model but I don't remember the particulars

In Proc Logisitic (and a few others) you are likely thinking of the SELECTION option for the model statement.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Use selection with LOGISTIC or create the design matrix that you want to see for the different effects in CATMOD (reference the documentation or ask if more help is needed).

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63347/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_catmod_sect0...

Ksharp
Super User

independent variables are all category variables ?

Use  proc CATMOD

and post is at SAS Statistical Procedures to get better answer.

Xia Keshan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation