BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Citrine10
Obsidian | Level 7

hi there

Is there a way for me to code something in SAS that will go through the various jobs running on Flow Manager. If for example 4 programs are running then I want it to exit before starting a new instance.

This is to reduce the strain on our service therefore I would like to keep a log and control the jobs with a sas program instructing the jobs. 

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Not sure exactly what your reuirements are, but aren't defining dependencies etc a way of controlling just that?

By coding on the side you'll might end up with two points of control, and a grey zone on what the scheduler does, and your programs.

For specfic dependencies that is hard to define in Flow Manager/scheduler, you could absolutely write programs/build DI Studio jobs that could end in a return code of your cohice, hence imapcting the rest of the flow.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I believe there is an option to limit the number of jobs running at the same time if that is what you mean. New jobs will just stay in a waiting state until a running job finishes.

Citrine10
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you, how do I limit them? Is there a way for when a job is exited, the next one runs based on a condition e.g. if condition = true (job ran successfully) then program can continue else if indicator is false then exit.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Oh, so you are using IBM Platform Suite for SAS as a scheduiler?

What version, and what license do  you have?

Platform (or Spectrum LSF) have support for prioritization and queues (depending on your license).

Data never sleeps

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation