BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yuanliu
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to use SAS SCL debugger, it works, but my SCL is called by another application which pass in data using "entry" statements, and SCL debugger can't get any data passed in, so every variable in the "entry" statement will be "missing", is there a way I can use SCL debugger and get the value of variables in the "entry" statement, so that I can use SAS SCL debugger successfully?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

For the debuuger to work you will need to switch the debugger on, compile the code and then call the application using the AF command with the DEBUG=YES option.

This should allow you to call the application that calls your SCL code, once your code is called you should be in the debugger window.

You can always write a simple SCL program to call your SCL using the proper parms and then you can see the variables of the ENTRY statement

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

For the debuuger to work you will need to switch the debugger on, compile the code and then call the application using the AF command with the DEBUG=YES option.

This should allow you to call the application that calls your SCL code, once your code is called you should be in the debugger window.

You can always write a simple SCL program to call your SCL using the proper parms and then you can see the variables of the ENTRY statement

yuanliu
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, that's very helpful!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation