BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
smilingmelbourne
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello everyone,

After successfully connecting to a remote server, I ran the following codes without errors (according to the SAS log). However, I cannot find the dataset (msex1) created. In local SAS, this "msex1" dataset is supposed to be in temporary WORK library, but I am not sure whether it should be so having the remote SAS. I've been using SAS for a while now, but the past several days are the first time I have been trying to learn to use SAS CONNECT, so I have found this really confusing. Can anyone please help?

rsubmit;
libname crsp '/wrds/crsp/sasdata/sm';
proc sort data=crsp.mseall(keep=date permno exchcd shrcd siccd) out=mseall nodupkey;
where exchcd ne . or shrcd in (10,11);
by permno date exchcd;
run;

proc sql;
create table msex1 as
select *
from crsp.msf(keep=date permno cusip prc shrout ret) as a
left join
mseall as b
on a.permno=b.permno and a.date= b.date;
run;
quit;
endrsubmit;

By the way, how can I wrap the codes so you can see it more easily?
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
As msex1 is within the rsubmit/endrsubmit block, the work library that is used is the one on the remote server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation