BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidGan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

When I use my mouse to select few lines of SAS code for debugging, SAS 9.2 will automatically selected it from the first line.

I never encounter this when I was using 9.1.

Other than to select the codes patiently and carefully till the last ";" of my code, anyone has solution / trick for abovementioned query?

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Regards,

David

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

It is very strange. I have never meet this problem.

You can try to use this way ALT + mouse.

Ksharp

art297
Opal | Level 21

I've noticed odd mouse selection with 9.2 as well.  I've gotten around it by left clicking where I want to start, holding down the shift key, and then lift clicking at the very start of the line following the lines I want to run.

DavidGan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ksharp,

I use Alt + mouse and Alt + shift + mouse click to select codes vertically.

If you want to know how this problem occurs, try this >>>

hold <Shift> button, select a procedure step until "RUN;" from the middle part of your SAS program...

Then you continue to select a space or tab after the "RUN;"

The SAS 9.2 will automatically make a selection start from line1....

Hi Art297,

Thanks for your help... But apparentely this doesn't work...

When I accidentally selected a space after RUN; the problem hit my back again...

I have been struggling this after I had installed my 9.2.... sigh Smiley Sad

apparentely
Ksharp
Super User

Oh. Maybe I understand what you mean .

Try to use key UP DOWN RIGHT LEFT instead of mouse.

Ksharp

ballardw
Super User

I don't know if this will help but since it will run the datastep/proc/ macro compile from where the cursor is located it may be of help.

Go to the editor tools to create a keyboard macro.

Add the commands to:

Move cursor to column 1

Collapse current line

Extend selection down

give the macro a name you like and save. Then assign a key combination to the macro.

This will select all of the code with in a datastep, sql block or proc. Then run. It does leave the executed code collapsed though.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation