BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
karthikeyan_S
Calcite | Level 5
when i assign a share library this way :
libname R slibref=B server=__8551 sapw="sapw";

where R is share part and B is the base part of the share library.

i am getting the following error :

ERROR: Libname B is not assigned.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

but this library is already registered in the metadata through the SAS management console .Can u pls give me pointers on this .

Message was edited by: kaka Message was edited by: kaka
6 REPLIES 6
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
Is your share/remote server running?
Is the library assigned remotely?

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt
karthikeyan_S
Calcite | Level 5
Yes My Share Server is running and I didnt understand the meaning of creating the library remotely .Can u pls elobrate it .
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
OK.

Try to issue a DISPLAY LIBRARY _ALL_ with the OPERATE procedure, and check if the desired library is assigned at the server.

Check the online doc for the OPERATE procedure:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/shrref/59595/HTML/default/a000174655.htm

Cheers from Portugal.

karthikeyan_S
Calcite | Level 5
I Used this command.

proc operate serverid=__8551;
display library _ALL_;
run;

I am not getting any libraries assigned to my country.I am getting only the basic libraries as diplayed as follows.The assigned libraries are not getting displayed.

SASUSER ,MAP,SASHELP,SASADMIN,SASCATCA
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
Then, the library you are trying to access remotely is not assigned at the server.

You should explicitly allocate the lib through the ALLOCATE library command of the OPERATE procedure (see the doc above) or preassign the lib at the server.

Cheers from Portugal.

karthikeyan_S
Calcite | Level 5
Is there any option to pre assign the libraries using proc allocate command ??

I am able to assign a share library using the proc allocate but even that is not getting dispalyed with the proc operate display all command .

I tried to assign a pre assigned library using SAS Management Console only but it is not working ?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation