BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Woodyfc
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone, I encounter some trouble when using proc report.

my source data's last row is manually calculated and modified and then use concatenate to "merge" them, but some variables are intended to be empty, like this:

Var: Code  name    number value_a    value_b   rate

:        :         :              :           :                :             :

last2:  999     apple       10       7                3            0.3

last:  (blank)  Total     1000     900           100         0.1 

the problem is that when i use    "defline code / group"   my last row in data can not display in the proc report output and just disappeared, I would like to ask is there any other good ways to insert a row in proc report?  

Thank you all very much !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Woodyfc
Fluorite | Level 6

I found out that the missing value in a numeric variable column cannot be grouped or ordered, otherwise the row containing the missing value (.) would be disappeared. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Without some sample code and your data and information about your ODS destination, it is nearly impossible to make any suggestions.

What code have you tried? What is your destination of interest? Can you post some test data that illustrates the issue?

Cynthia

Woodyfc
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Cynthia, thank you very much for helping me and here is my sample data and my code. I first use proc summary to extract the column and calculate their total (b).

Then I used them to calculate the new variable (c), and I used concatenating method to combine them (d). After all, I used proc report 

to make the output. But it turns out does not include my last raw (my handmade column sum and total rates, (c)). Since the total rates in last row are not the column sum, so I can not simply use summarize to make this problem. Thank you !!!!

data a;
input code type $ name $ total good bad good_rate bad_rate;
datalines;
11 a apple 10 8 2 0.8 0.2
11 b apple 10 7 3 0.7 0.3
11 c apple 20 10 10 0.5 0.5
13 a banana 10 8 1 0.8 0.2
17 a orange 30 27 3 0.9 0.1
17 b orange 30 18 12 0.6 0.4
;

proc summary data = a;
var total good bad;
output out = b (drop = _type_ _freq_);
sum = total good bad;

run;

data c;
set b;
name = 'Total'
good_rate = round((good/total), .1);
bad_rate = round((bad/total), .1);
run;

data d;
set a c;
run;

proc report data = d;
column _all_;
define code / group;
define type / display;
define name / display;
define total / display;
define good / display;
define bad / display;
define good_rate / display;
define bad_rate / display;
run;

Woodyfc
Fluorite | Level 6

I would like to output as a pdf file. Thank youSmiley Very Happy

Woodyfc
Fluorite | Level 6

I found out that the missing value in a numeric variable column cannot be grouped or ordered, otherwise the row containing the missing value (.) would be disappeared. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation