BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Can we use proc X11 in batch process? I am getting error that procedure X11 is not available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Amand, What we can see the ETS software is licensed in both situations.

In the interactive one there is a workspace server for local access (eg EGuide) using OSname=W32_SV
That is a 32 bit server version? probably a remote terminal access in a 32-bit version.

The batch mode approach has the OSname= WIN_NTSV. That is another machine or installation. It is not the same machine/SAS as used by your interactive session.

As this machine is licensed for ETS there is something different missing. It could be the SAS-config file being missing the ETS libraries or the ETS libraries not having installed .

How to solve this:

- You could use you SAS installation that you use for interactive also for batch processing
- let your installation on the batch environment checked (be completed for installation) on ETS

Anyway your version of SAS (and the OS?) looks to be outdated. 9.1.3 is level-b in this moment.
Are upgrade plans being made? Getting the newest version with SAS is not involving additional license cost. The cost is doing that upgrade.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Amir
PROC Star

Hi,

Proc X11 appears to be part of SAS/ETS:

SAS/ETS(R) 9.2 User's Guide

Do you have SAS/ETS licensed? You can check what you have licensed by running the following code:

proc setinit;

run;

Regards,

Amir.

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using it. But i m getting error when i m trying to use it in batch process.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Maybe your batch calls a different SAS setup than the one where it works.

In which environment is proc X11 available? (workspace server, interactive SAS, ...)

And how do you run batch jobs? Simply sas programname.sas or do you have some kind of wrapper script?

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using my program with contents Proc X11 in window environment, Its running fine.

But when i am running same programe by using with my batch file in cmd problem. Its showing error that Proc X11 procedure not available

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

- How do you start your windowing environment (COMPLETE commandline)

- How do you start the batch job (once again COMPLETE commandline)

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

As your are using it (interactive) that sas session had the ETS license.

What do you mean by "using as batch processes" it is obviously not the same SAS installation, possible one on a different machine.
Y can run proc setinit in the same way as "batch process" you will see (prediction) differences with you interactive session.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

@aman4sas you did not give any info on running "proc setinit' interactive or in batch.
show the logs or have that as your solution. Please do that before asking more.

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Please find log below.

NOTE: PROCEDURE SETINIT used (Total process time):

real time           0.07 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

Original site validation data

Site name:    'XYZ'. [Changed]

Site number:  123.[Changed]

Expiration:   14DEC2014.

Grace Period:  45 days (ending 28JAN2015).

Warning Period: 46 days (ending 15MAR2015).

System birthday:   21JAN2014.

Operating System:   W32_SV  .

Product expiration dates:

---Base Product                                                            14DEC2014

---SAS/STAT                                                                14DEC2014

---SAS/GRAPH                                                             14DEC2014

---SAS/ETS                                                                  14DEC2014

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files                            14DEC2014

---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access                     14DEC2014

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

previous one was from itractive mode

Below are from batch mode:

1 The SAS System

NOTE: Copyright (c) 2002-2003 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.

NOTE: SAS (r) 9.1 (TS1M3)

Licensed to THE CONFERENCE BOARD INC, Site 0053556002.

NOTE: This session is executing on the NET_SRV  platform.

NOTE: SAS 9.1.3 Service Pack 4

NOTE: SAS initialization used:

real time           0.96 seconds

cpu time            0.17 seconds

1          proc setinit;

2          run;

NOTE: PROCEDURE SETINIT used (Total process time):

real time           0.04 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

Original site validation data

Site name:    'xyz'.

Site number:  123.

Expiration:   14DEC2014.

Grace Period:  45 days (ending 28JAN2015).

Warning Period: 45 days (ending 14MAR2015).

System birthday:   21JAN2014.

Operating System:   WIN_NTSV.

Product expiration dates:

---Base Product                                                            14DEC2014 

---SAS/STAT                                                                14DEC2014 

---SAS/GRAPH                                                               14DEC2014 

---SAS/ETS                                                                 14DEC2014 

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files                                        14DEC2014 

NOTE: SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC USA 27513-2414

NOTE: The SAS System used:

real time           1.11 seconds

cpu time            0.17 seconds

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Amand, What we can see the ETS software is licensed in both situations.

In the interactive one there is a workspace server for local access (eg EGuide) using OSname=W32_SV
That is a 32 bit server version? probably a remote terminal access in a 32-bit version.

The batch mode approach has the OSname= WIN_NTSV. That is another machine or installation. It is not the same machine/SAS as used by your interactive session.

As this machine is licensed for ETS there is something different missing. It could be the SAS-config file being missing the ETS libraries or the ETS libraries not having installed .

How to solve this:

- You could use you SAS installation that you use for interactive also for batch processing
- let your installation on the batch environment checked (be completed for installation) on ETS

Anyway your version of SAS (and the OS?) looks to be outdated. 9.1.3 is level-b in this moment.
Are upgrade plans being made? Getting the newest version with SAS is not involving additional license cost. The cost is doing that upgrade.   

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for ur kind support and guidance,

I have resolved my issue with ur help. Now its running fine with batch also.

Thanks- Aman

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation