BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sarel1959
Calcite | Level 5

We have recently upgraded to SAS93. I am trying to write 'Proc Print' output to an external text file without any luck. Output is shown in the Results Viewer.

Example:
Filename CELPH 'Z:\SASPGM\Z9\Z9Output\Z9KeyCPUIndicatorsHourlyUsage.txt';

Proc printto print=CELPH new; run;
Title 'Z9 Hourly Interval Key Indicators - 2011';
    Proc print split='*'; var LPARNAME STARTIME LPCTBY PCTLPBY LPMSUHR LPSHARC LPSHARE ;
                       By LPARNAME;
run;
Proc printto; run;

What do I need to change in order to write the Proc Print to an external text file please?

Thanks

Sarel Swanepoel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sarel

We would really need to see the LOG before being able to provide an accurate answer.  Can you post that too? 

However:  My guess would be you have no errors or warnings in the log window/file?  If that's the case (assuming you are using the classic display manager) click on Tools -> Options -> Preferences and select the "Results" tab.  Check the Create Listing option.  Or you could insert the following into the top of your program:

ods listing;

SAS 9.3 does not use the output window by default, output is now rendered in HTML.

Regards,

David.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
David
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sarel

We would really need to see the LOG before being able to provide an accurate answer.  Can you post that too? 

However:  My guess would be you have no errors or warnings in the log window/file?  If that's the case (assuming you are using the classic display manager) click on Tools -> Options -> Preferences and select the "Results" tab.  Check the Create Listing option.  Or you could insert the following into the top of your program:

ods listing;

SAS 9.3 does not use the output window by default, output is now rendered in HTML.

Regards,

David.

Sarel1959
Calcite | Level 5

David, many thanks. I changed the 'Results' tab and it works perfectly.

Regards

Sarel   

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation