BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Just came across Example 3: Importing a Tab-Delimited File in the documentation of Proc Import. Doesn't look right to me.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=proc&docsetTarget=n1w1xy48wd290bn1mqalitn7wy13.htm&docsetVer...

PG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith73
SAS Employee

Thanks for pointing out this problem with the PROC IMPORT documentation, PG Stats.  Yes, it doesn't look right, and it isn't right.

I updated the path name in the example to a Windows path to match the other PROC IMPORT examples.  I also reran the example and replaced the example log.  The new log corrects the inconsistent path names and file names that existed in the previous example log.  I also replaced the example output, and it now contains a tab-delimited table.  These changes will appear in the next update to the doc.

Thanks again,

Keith

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

lol, took me a while to find it. Wonder if they’re running on a EBCDIC platform now. 

@ShelleySessoms hope that can get fixed. 

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thanks @PGStats and @Reeza. I've got the doc folks looking into it!

Keith73
SAS Employee

Thanks for pointing out this problem with the PROC IMPORT documentation, PG Stats.  Yes, it doesn't look right, and it isn't right.

I updated the path name in the example to a Windows path to match the other PROC IMPORT examples.  I also reran the example and replaced the example log.  The new log corrects the inconsistent path names and file names that existed in the previous example log.  I also replaced the example output, and it now contains a tab-delimited table.  These changes will appear in the next update to the doc.

Thanks again,

Keith

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation