BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dubya
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently using SAS 9.4 and am interested in performing model selection using the LASSO technique. I ran across a tutorial online and Proc GLMSELECT seems to be a great way to do this. However, I was wondering, can I perform the LASSO technique with the version of SAS that I have? I am asking this because the youtube tutorial used version 13.1.

2 REPLIES 2
rayIII
SAS Employee

Yep, you can use SELECTION=LASSO in 9.4, for example:

proc glmselect data = sashelp.iris;
model petallength = petalwidth sepalwidth sepallength / selection=lasso;
run;

Ray

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The SAS analytical procedures (such as SAS/STAT, SAS/ETS, SAS/IML,...) use numbers like

13.1, 13.2, and 14.1

for their releases.  Because these products are released during a major or minor release of the rest of SAS, you will also see references to the SAS maintenance releases, such as

9.4m1, 9.4m2, and 9.4m3.

The "Rosetta Stone" that enables you to see the correspondence between these two numbering systems is the article

"How old is your version of SAS: Release dates for SAS Software"

If you don't know which version of SAS you are running, you can determine your version of SAS software at run time.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation