BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ACoyle
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a proc export setup that works just fine for all my excel exports, but when I try to convert it to export txt, a portion of it fails.

The following is my export for excel, note the port and server listing. This works as desired.

proc export data=SQL_TABLE
outfile="&v_Path&v_Fname"
dbms=excelcs label replace;
port=9621;
SERVER='pv2medsaspc1';
sheet="Sheet1";
run;

But when I try running it set for a text file:

proc export data=SQL_TABLE
outfile="&v_Path&v_Fname"
dbms=tab REPLACE;
putnames=no;
port=9621;
SERVER='pv2medsaspc1';
run;

I get the below error:

25 GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;
26 proc export data=SQL_TABLE
27 outfile="&v_Path&v_Fname"
28 dbms=tab REPLACE;
NOTE: The previous statement has been deleted.
NOTE: The previous statement has been deleted.
29 putnames=no;
30 port=9621;
____
31 SERVER='pv2medsaspc1';
______
ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

32 run;

I cannot remove the port and server entries, as then I just get an insufficient authorization error. I have included the log for this.

Please, any suggestions.

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Use a proper path on the server. The scheduled job will need an additional step that copies the result to the desired location in your network.

Or you have a network share mounted on your UNIX server where you can write the result directly from SAS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

excelcs is designed to work with the PC Files Server, whil dbms=tab always works locally and does not have server or port parameters, so these statements are invalid.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

And you need to provide a valid path for the text file, in a directory where you have write permission on the UNIX server.

I suggest you use the export task of Enterprise Guide, as that handles the downloading of the exported text data on its own.

ACoyle
Calcite | Level 5

Unfortunately this process is designed to be scheduled using Crontab, and not able to utilize the enterprise guide services. Is there a recommendation on how to get around this limitation?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Use a proper path on the server. The scheduled job will need an additional step that copies the result to the desired location in your network.

Or you have a network share mounted on your UNIX server where you can write the result directly from SAS.

ACoyle
Calcite | Level 5

Well that's a bit of a bummer for our purposes, we'll have to change our SOPs to accommodate this.

Thank you for the quick replies and helping!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation