BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I have a problem of creating a new excel file from SAS and replace an exist  excel file,

for example ,I have c:\temp\one.xls with a sheet named sheetone.

I want to update this excel file use SAS code:

PROC EXPORT DATA=sashelp.class

OUTFILE = "C:\Temp\one.xls"

DBMS = EXCEL2002 REPLACE;

SHEET = "sheetone";

RUN;

BUT this will not replace sheetone, it will create another sheet named sheetone1.

Please help!

Thanks

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You might want to work with Tech Support. I don't remember a DBMS= option named EXCEL2002. It looks in the doc, like the valid values are:

EXCEL, EXCEL4, EXCEL5, EXCELCS and XLS and that EXCEL covers all versions from 97 thru 2003.

from: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/63181/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1d0tocg3njhmfn1d4...

So if you are having issues with your PROC EXPORT, you might work with Tech Support to figure out whether there are other issues at work (such as the 32-bit or 64-bit status of both SAS and Microsoft Office; the operating system (Windoes 7 or Windows XP) or the version of SAS you are using 9.2 versus 9.3 versus using SAS EG).

cynthia

art297
Opal | Level 21

Mike: In answer to how to open a ticket with tech support:  http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform//createForm

Weren't there a number of other posts in this thread?  If you delete a message you end up also deleting all of the responses to that message.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation