BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ashwini when you are not sure about syntax, check the manuals.

The Termstr is a indicator for which character convention as end of record or newline is used. Windows and Unix are behaving different. SAS(R) 9.4 Companion for Windows, Third Edition  (input)
if you are wanting to code a fixed recordlength use the lrec= option SAS(R) 9.4 Statements: Reference, Third Edition (input)

What went wrong with 99/100?

I am seeing a - (hyphen) in your code. It could be interpreted as going back one postion. You where at 100 and then moving back one. It is not documented SAS(R) 9.3 Statements: Reference moving the pointer is +(-1) or #101.

As the record length is not really fixed, you should be at a mainframe for those options,  but indicates by characterstring it is rather arbitrary to check that.

Most tools do no show control-characters as a binary stream. I do not know of any tool showing really clearly spaces (there are meant to be blank/invisible.        

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Ashwini_uci
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Jaap! No, theres isn't any hyphen in my code, I just used it here to separate the code from the text.

My other question is, if i shoud just go by what the SAS log says after converting the SAS file to text file. The SAS log file indicates that the

The minimum record length was 100.

The maximum record length was 100.

So I think I should just go by what the log says, even though my manual counting shows 101 positions.

And as Indicated in the NDI guidelines, the text file should be with 100 postions per record..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation