BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
art297
Opal | Level 21

The other day, in response to a Forum post, I created a small macro/abbreviation.  Then I realized that I didn't know where I could post the
KMF file so that others could import it

So, as a result, I created a sasCommunity.org page which, hopefully, will soon be home to many of the SAS macro/abrreviation kmf files that people will
share.  The page is: http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Abbreviations/Macros

If you have a collection of one or more SAS macro/abbreviation(s), please post them to that page.

Thanks in advance,
Art

p.s.  If you're not familiar with posting to a wiki page, feel free to send me ( art297@rogers.com ) your kmf files, and I'd be glad to post them for you.  Also, if you know of anyone else who has a collection of kmf files, please let them know about this project.

3 REPLIES 3
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Very nice! Too bad I never use sas interactivly Smiley Sad

art297
Opal | Level 21

FriedEgg, One doesn't have to use SAS interactively (other than using the enhanced editor) in order to take advantage of SAS Macro/Abbreviations.  Their primary utility for me has always been to bring up all possible options for a proc after entering 3 or 4 characters in my code.

E.g, if I type impe, followed by entering a tab character, when I want to import an Excel file, I get the entire proc import code for importing an Excel file.  That, for me, has been the principal benefit of SAS Macros/Abbreviations.  However, the project is designed not only to provide what I want, but to provide a library of everything that people have found useful about SAS Macros/Abbreviations.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Okay, I think I understand better now what the meaning of this is.  These are generic keyboard macros, not specific to the SAS editors.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation