BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
openatom
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using SAS 9.4.  I ran a proc phreg with a continuous predictor (bp) and I am trying to get a percentile for this HR.  It looks like phreg has a "percent=" option, but I can't figure out how to use it correctly.  Could anyone advise?  Here is the basic phreg code I'm working with:

proc phreg data=new;

model date*censor(0)=bp;

run;

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I am trying to get a percentile for this HR

What does HR mean? How does this relate to PROC PHREG? Are you trying to run PROC PHREG on percentiles? Or do you want to determine a percentile of something in the output of PROC PHREG?

--
Paige Miller
openatom
Calcite | Level 5

HR= hazard ratio

I would like the percentile of a hazard ratio for a continuous variable (blood pressure).

My understanding is that when I run a proc phreg if HR=1.06, with a continuous predictor, the HR tells me for every one unit increase in that variable (blood pressure), the HR increases by 1.06.  I need a way to find percentiles of this HR since it is a continuous variable.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I'm not an expert on PROC PHREG, but I know how to find percentiles. Nevertheless, it's not clear to me what set of numbers you want percentiles for. If you have only the number 1.06, there's no such thing as a percentile of a single number. So I am asking for even more details on what output you get from PROC PHREG that could produce percentiles; it can't be a single number; it has to be  a collection of numbers, explain further.

When you say "percentiles", do you really mean "confidence interval"?

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation