BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saroj
Calcite | Level 5
Hi I am trying to retrieve a large amount of data from Db2 database table using proc SQL and recieving a timeout error.

ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. DB2 error is DSNT408I SQLCODE = -905,
ERROR: UNSUCCESSFUL EXECUTION DUE TO RESOURCE LIMIT BEING EXCEEDED, RESOURCE NAME = ASUTIME LIMIT = 000000000054 CPU SECONDS

is there anyway to increase the time ??
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
First off, it's quite useful to share your SAS code in order to gain feedback from other individuals about optimizing the query possibly.

But it's likely you will need to discuss your situation with your DB2 SYSPROG / DBA personnel with your particular question.

And an Internet search on your keywords is also quite revealing with various answers, as well.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc. Message was edited by: sbb
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7
You are going to have to talk to the DBA responsible for DB2.

The timeout is caused by a default that prevents one task from "hogging" the database when other tasks need it. (From experience, the DBA will usually NOT change the timeout value for you). I also find the a production job has a higher timeout than a test job so you can see what you can do there.

Other things to consider: make your SQL more efficient by using index variables in your SELECT or WHERE clauses, or use PASSTHRU.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation