BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Michael_Kersten
Calcite | Level 5

cluster membersHello,

I am working with cluster tables on SPDS 4.3.

I am exploring possibilities to get a list of the cluster members in form of a dataset.

One possible solution is using PROC CONTENTS and ODS output to aquire a comma seperated list of the cluster members.

(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19958194/clustermembers-on-spds-4-3)

The strange thing is, that PROC SPDO does not seem to use ODS for output.

ODS trace on in combination with PROC SPDO cluster list produces only the following log entry: NOTE: The PROCEDURE SPDO printed page 1.

Is it possible to get this printed information in form of a dataset or other form suitable for further processing?

Thanks in advance

Michael

7 REPLIES 7
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Did you try Proc Contents with out= / out2= options?

The above two options would allow you to create data set of the output.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

Michael_Kersten
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your remark. Yes, I can obtain the members with PROC CONTENTS with the following code:

ods output EngineHost=dataset; proc contents data=P30C033.LD_LIQ_CLUS_Customer directory details;

This creates a table work.dataset which contains a comma seperated list of the cluster member.

The original question was, how to obtain information from a PROC which is not using ODS but another way of generating output. Like PROC SPDO.

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can use Proc Printto to redirect the log and procedure output to external file, then you can try to parse the resulted file contents.

Ahmed

Michael_Kersten
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks alot, that was exactly what I was looking for.

niyi
Calcite | Level 5

How can I have a clear dendogram with 350 ids and 23 variables in SAS

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Oops!
This thread is almost three years old, and seems to be a totally different subject.
Please start a new conversation.
Data never sleeps
LeonidBatkhan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

One can also use ODS OUTPUT CLUSTERLIST= as shown in the below code example:

ods noresults;
ods output clusterlist=WORK.CLUSTER_MEMS;
proc spdo lib=SPDSLIB;
   cluster list CLUSTER1;
   cluster list CLUSTER2;
   /* ... */
   cluster list CLUSTERN;
quit;
ods output close;
ods results;

For more on this topic see my recent blog post How to retrieve contents of a SAS® Scalable Performance Data Server library

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation