BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TCSMITH5
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

A student is running this on a couple hundred thousand data points:

ods graphics on;

proc corr data=temp plots=scatter ;

var QLREST2 age _BMI4;

run;

ods graphics off;

I have looked into the proc reg with the plots(MAXPOINTS=) and still could not generate a plot.  Anybody run into this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I'm confused. What procedure are you having problems with? You posted code for PROC CORR, but later you say, "I tried with proc corr and it worked."

If this is the FitPlot in PROC REG, then you should know that the output is a heatmap for a large number of points. The MAXPOINTS= option accepts two parameters. See the last paragraphs of the previous link for a discussion and example of controlling the appearance of the FitPlot.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

What is the error you are getting? Click on the {i} icon and paste the SASLOG for PROC CORR (showing the error message) into the window that opens.

What is the output destination? HTML, PDF, other?

--
Paige Miller
TCSMITH5
Calcite | Level 5

This is the error.

ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded.

ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded.

However, that was from the proc reg and I tried with proc corr and it worked (produced a plot).  I'll keep working on it.  Thank you.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I'm confused. What procedure are you having problems with? You posted code for PROC CORR, but later you say, "I tried with proc corr and it worked."

If this is the FitPlot in PROC REG, then you should know that the output is a heatmap for a large number of points. The MAXPOINTS= option accepts two parameters. See the last paragraphs of the previous link for a discussion and example of controlling the appearance of the FitPlot.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation