BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dinurik
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 

I have been trying to output a dataset from proc genmod that would contain parameter estimates and their associated standard errors. I need to further use them to get pooled estimates from 5 imputed datasets. Here is my code:

proc genmod data=mydata;

weight stweight;

class id var1 var2 var3 var4;

model y = var1 var2 var3 var4 / dist=N link=id type3;

repeated subject=id / type=ind;

ods output parameterestimates=parms parminfo=info;  

run;

When I run it, SAS almost crashes and then tells me that the output dataset has not been created. Could anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Dinurik wrote:

WARNING: Output 'ParameterEstimates' was not created. 

The PROC GENMOD documentation discusses this explicitly. You need the PRINTMLE option

Capture.PNG

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Please show the messages from the SAS log.

PG
Dinurik
Fluorite | Level 6

WARNING: Output 'ParameterEstimates' was not created. Make sure that the output object name,
label, or path is spelled correctly. Also, verify that the appropriate procedure
options are used to produce the requested output object. For example, verify that
the NOPRINT option is not used.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Dinurik wrote:

WARNING: Output 'ParameterEstimates' was not created. 

The PROC GENMOD documentation discusses this explicitly. You need the PRINTMLE option

Capture.PNG

--
Paige Miller
Dinurik
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks. The SAS explanation lacks a bit of detail. Wasn't clear whether PRINMLE belongs to the model statement or repeated statement. It should be in the repeated statement in my case. This code worked.

proc genmod data=mydata;
    class id var1 var2 var2 var4;
    model y = var1 var2 var3 var4  ;
    repeated subject=id / type=ind printmle ;
    ods output ParameterEstimates=gmparms;
run;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation