BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
art297
Opal | Level 21

: I was only mentioning the data mishandling problems that can occur if one attempt to use retain to do re-ordering. Yes, of course, the side effects you mentioned exist and will continue to exist if SAS doesn't provide a way to simply modify the viewed/addressed_with_variable_list order (and, while it may not be called a pdv, variable lists can be used with all SAS procs).

However, SAS continues to choose not to, thus the kind of side effects you mentioned are also always there if one needs to modify/resturcture/add variables, etc. to their data.

As for procs and systems that are geared to only use point and click operations, and no code, I prefer to feed SAS data into R. I was extremely disappointed when SAS decided to not output or allow one to run EM with code. I'd really hate to see how much error has been introduced, but never noticed, because of that decision.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

That's then may-be where metadata should come into play, be it as information maps or as a table metadata object and a library definition accessing data via metadata layer.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Arthur, for the first point we can agree assume. For the second points you could add now own code nodes with Eminer. You always can review the code and you can add R as node under some conditions.  I am mad enough to go for the support and implement those features and check their functionality.

The whole implementation is a technical nightmare to get well working. The statistical instability could be there, I had some distrust on some point not getting clear.

Your statistical distrust can be even greater looking what they are trying to do with SAS-VA. push some buttons and you get nice figures with predictions the intrepretation and evaluation of what is shown getting out of focus. That is another way of quick results but could winning a battle losing the war.  Ah we can agree on your second point too I see.          

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 like
  • 8 in conversation