BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Scottcom4
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Guys,

My IT staff have me connected to an Oracle database and the data looks ok until I attempt to use dates. The problem is that the Oracle database stores the date as a date time variable and this is not recognised at some point. To work around this I used Proc SQL and the Trunc function (e.g. trunc(loggedintime,"MI")), which worked well to the minute, however I need to be able to view the seconds also. Has anyone experienced this in the past and have any idea on how to rectify this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Scott
1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
In order help, it would be appreciated if could be a bit more clear of "not recognized at some point" means. The Trunc function you mention, is that an Oracle function that you use in SQL-pass thru? What happend's if you try to access the table via LIBANME? If you get that to work, you will be able to use standard SAS function to extract seconds from the datetime column. Also be aware of that Oracle date columns will converted by default to datetime in SAS.

/Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation