BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Nope, still not seeing the big picture here.  I don't see why a simple conbine of the two datasets, and then generate some code would not work?  What is the purpose of creating X amount of datasets for each loop as well, that doesn't seem to be an efficient way of working - it then means all your further code has to account for lots of datasets - extra work.  As I say above collect your thoughts, what are the input datasets (all of them - examples) and what the output should look like.  Me, I would create a set of flags in the one dataset for each "test", and then you only have one dataset to work with and selectable flags, but as I mention it is very hard to provide anything as we are only seeing bits and pieces.

buechler66
Barite | Level 11
I appreciate your time so much. I'll get to work on this in the morning.

Btw- the reason for each looping, individual query by Rule is that if a record meets the Rule #1 condition then it needs to be excluded from any later rule query. Each record can count toward only the first Rule condition it meets. So I plan to run a query for Rule #1 and then append it to my FinalData ds . Then I plan to apply a Unique index on the Primary Key variable of Imb_code. This will keep records (imb_codes) from later Rules from being appended to FinalData. That's where I'm ultimately headed.

Thanks again. I hope I can take your advice and get this thing running.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation