BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Olivia4
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I installed sas 9.4 on 64 bit windows 10 system months ago. I have no problem with it until recently I encountered problem when I tried to use proc univariate to make histogram graph, where there was no graph showed up.

Then I checked my installation summary, and below is the errors in the deploymentsummary.html : 

Completed with errors - SAS/SECURE Java Component (Update)

Completed with errors - SAS/QC JAR Files

Completed with errors - Base SAS JAR Files

Completed with errors - SAS/GRAPH JAR Files

Completed with errors - SAS Intelligence Platform Object Framework

Completed with errors - SAS Deployment Tester - Client

Completed with errors - SAS Enterprise Miner JAR Files

Completed with errors - SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation Configuration

Completed with errors - SAS ODS Graphics Editor
Completed with errors - SAS ODS Graphics Designer

Then, I attempt to reinstall the software, and I again encountered errors, part of the messages I copied from the IT log is as follows :

2020-12-23 15:22:47 Controller - deployment data parse failure
javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/SAS%20Software%20Depot/product_data/econometrics__94150__wx6__en__sp0__1/deployment.xml; lineNumber: 2; columnNumber: 5; Element type "itT" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".]
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:335)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(UnmarshallerImpl.java:563)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:249)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:221)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:276)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.schema.SchemaUtils.unmarshal(SchemaUtils.java:173)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.schema.SchemaUtils.unmarshal(SchemaUtils.java:213)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.Controller.loadDeploymentDataFile(Controller.java:3084)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.Controller.setDeploymentData(Controller.java:2566)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.Controller.initializeInstallAtIndex(Controller.java:1336)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.Controller.setupInstallationForArgs(Controller.java:672)
at com.sas.ssn.InstallToolConnector.primeInstallTool(InstallToolConnector.java:316)
at com.sas.ssn.PanelSystemCheck$InstallInitializationThread.run(PanelSystemCheck.java:555)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/SAS%20Software%20Depot/product_data/econometrics__94150__wx6__en__sp0__1/deployment.xml; lineNumber: 2; columnNumber: 5; Element type "itT" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:203)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:177)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:400)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:327)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1472)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.seekCloseOfStartTag(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1394)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:242)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:613)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3132)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:852)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:112)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:842)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:243)
... 10 more

Could anyone help me with this? Many thanks!

Olivia

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What maintenance release of SAS 9.4 are you trying to install? Only fairly recent releases are compatible with Windows 10. M5 or later should be OK.

Olivia4
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, my 9.4 version is M6.  

Olivia4
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for replying, BTW, is there a way to just fix the installation problem without uninstall SAS?
Olivia4
Calcite | Level 5

Actually, I fixed one typo problem in one of the deployment file, but when I tried to install SAS, it appeared another problem, and the problem had something to do with the unzipping of a file. I attached the log file here. 

Thanks! 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You would probably be better off opening a track with SAS Tech Support for this type of problem. They are in the best position to analyse and diagnose installation logs.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation