BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Golf
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I'm using proc VARMAX  and got the results of  impulse responses.   I'd like to know how can I save this estimates in an output file.

Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

What type of output file?

Do you want results in a data set or items in the results window?

You can direct results to output files by using the appropriate ODS <destination> syntax around a procedure or group of procedures.

ods rtf file="<Drive and path>\filename.rtf";

proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;

ods rtf close;

The above code would send the output to an RTF file using windows syntax. RTF and PDF have different default ODS styles than the results window usually and you may want to specify the STYLE option to get same appearance. The exact syntax for the file is obviously going to vary between operating systems and your set up. The output file needs the  close to finish.

Golf
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear ballardw,

Thank you for you helps. I have tried to follow you suggestions.  At first, I ran this procedure.

Capture1.PNG

Then I got the impulse response outputs below.

Capture2.PNG   

I would like to save impulse response from lag 1- 10 and its standard deviation of both dLM1 and dLIP in sas to calculate 1 standardized impulse response in SAS  (I plan to multiple 1 standard deviation of error obtained in VAR(1) to these impulse responses and standard deviations in SAS).  I use the following procedure.

Capture3.PNG

But I got error message below.

Capture4.PNG

I don't know what wrong in my codes.   Can you help me out?

Bests,

ballardw
Super User

Where did you create the data set you attempt to print?

If you want a data set that represents tables output by a procedure you want to use the ODS OUTPUT feature. Before or in the procedure code you place (generic example) code that looks similar to this:

ODS OUTPUT tablecreatedbyproc = nameofdesireddataset;

proc genricproc data=have <options>;

The details of the online help for the procedure will have a section named "ODS Table Names" to get the name of the tablecreatedbyproc value above along with the options that are used to create the table.

OR before you run the code you could use:

ODS Trace on;

<procedure code>

ODS Trace off; <reset the status>

The LOG will show the names of the tables created. If there is a question about which table you want you  can include the option "/ label" as part of the ODS Trace statement to get a brief description of the output.

You will likely want to use a data step or another procedure for the calculations you suggest you are doing.

Golf
Pyrite | Level 9
Dear ballardw,
Thank you very much. From your help, I can out of the problem.
Best,

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation