BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Karolus
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear all,

I work in a network, with both Base SAS 9.2, Data Integration Studio 3.4 (DIS).
I have a problem when my macro is trying to access and edit a dataset that either someone else has open, or someone else's macro is processing.
My question is, there is way to know which user has locked the dataset? The log of SAS only says the dataset is in use by someone else, but I'd like to see "by who" as part of the log.

Regards
Karl
5 REPLIES 5
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

I have had few time to deal with this myself. I did not arrive at a solution but found a work around to lock the datasets and directories for my use before starting the process/running my codes.

Refer this document, I loved it.
http://www.lexjansen.com/pharmasug/2005/posters/po33.pdf

Hope it helps

Regards
Surya
Karolus
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks man! it's a good work around
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
You might also want to consider using sas/share.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If your SAS is installed on a UNIX, the error message will include the process number of the locking process. ps -fp processnumber will give you the user's ID.

MarkRoosen
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

on linux I use following syntax:

ps -ef | grep 1234   

... where 1234 is the process ID that is locking your process

kind regards,

Mark

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation