BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Would like to know if its possible to trigger multiple sas scripts at the same time with out using rsubmit?

if so how can we do it?

Thanks,
activa
6 REPLIES 6
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
have a look at
x cmd with nowait.

Cheers

Barry
SASKiwi
PROC Star
First you need to establish multiple SAS server sessions, then do asynchronous RSUBMITs using WAIT=NO:

signon session1;

signon session2;

rsubmit session1 wait=no;
sas code here....
endrsubmit;

rsubmit session2 wait=no;
sas code here....
endrsubmit;

If you then want your parent session to wait for both session1 and session2 to finish then use:

waitfor _all_ session1 session2;
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
I too read " with out using rsubmit" as "with using rsubmit" at first glance... 🙂
SASKiwi
PROC Star
Maybe I should read more carefully! BTW the RSUBMIT approach is so much more flexible and easier to manage I would only use alternatives if I didn't have SAS/CONNECT.
ieva
Pyrite | Level 9
you can try submitting also some programs in EG, others in batch mode
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
how about a scheduler?

What makes the decision to launch those SAS processes?
A long time ago (forget galaxy ...) I wrote a routine that would launch SAS programs based on a trigger = "that a file exists".

My routine was a SAS task that watched and tested for the trigger file with fileexist( 'trigger file name') which is FALSE (0) until that file exists. Once TRUE, it used the X-statement to launch the SAS programs because they were to run independantly. Another trigger was needed to stop the "watching" task. That watcher process could have been set up as a windows service.

I think a proper scheduler should be able to do that in a much more supportable way 😉

peterC

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation